Chinese massage chairs are becoming increasingly popular due to their affordable price and high quality. Most massage chairs made in China are of excellent quality, making them a great option for those looking for a reliable and affordable massage chair.
Chinese massage chairs typically offer a wide range of features and settings, making them ideal for a variety of users. Whether you’re looking for a simple massage chair or one with all the bells and whistles, you’re likely to find a Chinese massage chair that meets your needs.
Often, people judge a brand’s nationality by the “Made in…” tag. A Japanese chair is “Made in Japan.” And a Chinese chair is “Made in China.” However, chair manufacturing has many nuances. Many parts of a chair aren’t even made in the country of origin! Japanese chairs won’t be “100% Japanese.” Nor should you expect US chairs to be “100% American.”
7 Best Massage Chairs Made In China:
D.Core Cirrus Massage Chair
A D.Core chair delivers healing Shiatsu deep tissue massage and blends beautifully into any modern home with the experience of renowned therapist Dr. Izawa and innovative engineering. This model was designed in Japan and manufactured in China. It was recently released on the US market.
- Corrugated Rollers Balls: The majority of rollers are round and smooth. Rather than a smooth surface, the D.Core Cirrus rollers have ridged, knobby surfaces instead. The ridges of this peak remind me of the ridges of a pumpkin! Specifically, the shoulder area will feel more intense as a result of this.
- Arm Roller Massage: Featuring mechanical rollers for the hands and arms, the D.Core Cirrus is an industry first. In the palm of the hand and under the soft muscular side of the forearm, there are rollers. Airbags are still operated on the contrasting boney side of the forearm and hand, but the rollers on the other side feel fantastic
- Mechanical Calf Rollers: A feature increasingly common in new massage chairs is D.Core Cirrus’ proprietary mechanical calf rollers
- D.Core 3D L-Track Roller Mechanism: You can adjust the depth of the rollers of the D.Core Cirrus massage chair so that the massage experience is more or less intense, and the roller track extends from your neck to your seat. If you’ve never sat on a massage chair with a butt roller massage before, you’re in for a treat! D.Core stands for “deep core”, indicating that the massage is deep tissue. D.Core is the answer if you need a deep-tissue massage chair, especially for your neck and shoulders. The rollers also have the ability to ultra-knead your muscles with a secondary motor built into the roller itself (instead of an arm attached to the roller).
While relaxing overworked and sore muscles, the D.Core Cirrus massage chair uses lumbar (low back) heat up to 113 degrees.
This massage chair includes most of what you have come to expect from a new massage chair. Here is a brief list of additional features:
- Space Saver
- Body Scanning Technology
- Mechanical Foot Rollers
- Zero Gravity
- Quad (4) Rollers
The Cirrus features deep tissue back rollers, arm rollers (an industry first! ), corrugated roller balls, a secondary roller massage motor, beautiful US-sourced hardwood on the side panels, proprietary calf rollers, and a three-year warranty. As with any high-end massage chair, you get the usual features, such as space-saving, low back heat, zero gravity, plenty of airbags, foot rollers, etc.
Positive Posture Brio+ Massage Chair
It was a great chair when it was first introduced. With the Brio+, the original is improved. With ten expertly designed massage sessions and hundreds of manual massage combinations, you’ll get the customized relief you need.
Additional features redesigned back rollers, and enhanced choreography provide a relaxing massage from head to toe. You can relax your body, clear your mind, and loosen your muscles from the comfort of your own home with this massage chair.
- Diamond Stitch Upholstery: Your Brio+ gets a bespoke touch with this removable back upholstery.
- Intelligent 4D Massage: During each programmed session, Brio+ changes the massage intensity constantly to achieve the optimal level of relaxation for your back, neck, hips, and gluteus muscles.
- Intuitive Remote Control: You can find and select programs with ease using Brio+’s user-friendly remote control. Simply move through user-friendly menus, select what you want, and relax.
- Automatic Body Scan: Your body type is automatically detected by Brio+’s automatic body scanner, and your massage is tailored to your height, weight, and body type.
- Automatic Reclining Function: It features a 160-degree reclined seat back, as well as an 80-degree adjustable footrest for ultimate comfort.
An innovative massage mechanism track that covers your neck down to your gluteus muscles, without letting any spots in between go unnoticed. The L-track’s curves also help the massage rollers conform to the shape of your back. With its unique wall-hugging technology, the backrest is only 4 inches (10 cm) away from the wall.
Titan Pro Vigor 4D Massage Chair
The Titan Vigor uses cutting-edge massage technology to relieve everyday aches and pains quickly and effectively. Its four-dimensional massage rollers apply pressure to every inch of your spine, shoulders, neck, and glutes.
Each person has a unique body type with different needs, which is why Vigor uses a computerized body scan to map every inch of the spine and shoulders and tailor the massage rollers accordingly.
- SL-Track: With the Vigor, you will enjoy a thorough and invigorating massage experience thanks to the specially designed SL-track.
- Heated Rollers: Unlike most heated massage chairs, the Vigor features Heated Massage Rollers that apply calming and continuous heat from neck to glutes in one motion.
- Two-Stage Zero Gravity Reclining: You can go further into a deep state of relaxation with second-stage zero gravity reclining by angling your body in such a way that gravity is no longer a factor.
- Space-Saving Technology: This space-saving massage chair can be placed as close to the wall as 4.5 inches and still recline fully to a full 90 degrees.
With acupuncture foot rollers and kneading pressure, Vigor’s foot massage relieves tension and stress after a long day on your feet. You can extend the footrest on the Vigor up to 7.1 inches to accommodate people of all heights.
When you begin your massage, the footrest automatically extends to position your legs at the optimal length. With one of the convenient buttons on the arm panel, you can easily access common Vigor functions. Using the touchscreen tablet, you can activate an auto program, adjust the intensity of your massage, extend your footrest manually, and toggle power.
Osaki OS 4000T Massage Chair
As well as beautiful upholstery and Zero Gravity, the OS-4000T massage chair offers Body Scan Technology, an S-Track Massage Robot, air massage for the entire body, seat vibration, and back heat therapy.
- S-Track: A variety of spine curves can be contoured with the OS-4000 Zero Gravity massage chair. The spinal curvature is unique from one individual to another. The S-track system allows the roller heads to massage along the back from the neck down to the lower spine with consistent pressure in the massage, as well as comfortable support. A linear massage track causes inconsistencies in pressure, resulting in weak massages in the neck and lower back.
- Intelligent Body Scanning: The rollers are equipped with the latest technology, so they can map the back curvature with greater accuracy, resulting in a more precise massage that targets all the key areas of your back. Its self-adjusting features will allow you to enjoy every massage experience regardless of your body type.
- Air Compression: Streamlining the air massager to a lower count, the Osaki OS-4000T has been reengineered and developed with new air massage technology. As a result of our innovative engineering, we have reduced the number of airbags while increasing the volume and surface area of massage. As a result, the total number of working valves has drastically decreased from the prior version. This makes the chair one of the most mechanically sound massage chairs available.
- Auto Recline and Leg Extension: Fully automatic, the chair makes every movement effortless; you can extend the footrest, adjust the leg rest, recline the backrest, and achieve zero gravity with the use of remote control.
With one touch of a button, you can select from 7 unique auto massage programs: Muscle Relief, Thai, Stretching, Anti-Stress, Demo, Neck/Shoulder, and Back/Lumbar. You can choose from 6 of the most desirable massage techniques: Shiatsu, Swedish, Kneading, Clapping, Rolling, and Combo. Adding 5 speed and intensity settings gives you complete control over your massage.
Kahuna HM Kappa 4D Massage Chair
Kappa belongs to the Kahuna HM range of massage chairs, which is the most elitist series of massage chairs from the company. It is one of the most luxurious, top-quality, stylish, and efficient massage chairs in the industry.
Over 10,000 units of the Kappa 4D massage chair have been sold since it was released in 2019. It has many extraordinary features and is among the most luxurious massage chairs in the industry.
For their daily massage sessions, many celebrities use Kappa 4D massage chairs in addition to the general public.
There are many celebrities who have expressed their satisfaction with Kahuna Kappa massage chairs in their places, including Neil Patrick Harris, Martha Stewart, Viola Davis, Laurence Fishburne, Christopher McDonald, and many others.
- Automatic Massage Programs: There are 11 unique massage programs available on this massage chair
- 4 Additional Special Massage Programs: Dynamic Sports, Golfer, Athletic, and Fast Recovery.
- 4D HSL-track: Through its four-dimensional roller mechanism on the Hyper SL Track, the HM-Kappa Massage Chair’s Hyper SL Track will massage your back, neck, spine, and glutes thoroughly. With the 4D roller mechanism, you can adjust the intensity since the rollers move up and down, left and right, as well as in and out, depending on the speed. Our experience has shown that roller mechanisms with 4D mechanisms feel smoother and are more controlled.
- Heat Therapy: We just happen to think it feels good after a hard day, especially during the colder months, that Kahuna’s HM-Kappa Massage Chair features a heat therapy system. The heat helps to draw blood to the muscles and enhance your overall relaxation experience.
In addition to being one of the most ergonomic massage chair tracks available, the Kahuna HM-Kappa has a hyper SL-track massage system that reaches every inch of your natural spinal curvature.
An air-cell-based rhythmic massage system that utilizes 96 individual air cells stimulates blood circulation and oxygen levels for added health benefits, using 96 individual air-cells for a full-body massage effect. It can accommodate people up to 6’2″ in height and 330 pounds in weight.
Positive Posture Brio Sport Massage Chair
Choose the depth of your massage with Brio Sport, from a light session to an intensive one that accelerates rehydration of the muscles and relieves trigger points. The Brio Sport is the first and only massage chair designed specifically for recovery, giving you all the benefits of a sports massage clinic at home.
- Sport 4D Intelligent Massage Mechanism: Positive Posture helps you recover from your workout, mobilize your spine, and relax your mind. Aside from kneading, tapping, rolling (fast or slow), pressing, and much more, Sport 4D is expertly choreographed to do a lot more. The Sport 4D mechanism has the unique quality and capability to help improve blood flow, work tired muscles, and promote lymphatic flow. You will be at your best every day with its unique quality and capability!
- L-Track Design: Your back is covered by an L-Track massage path that extends 47″ into your glutes and occiput.
- Acupressure Point Locator Function: In order to provide maximum customized comfort, relief, and recovery for users of varying heights, the Brio Sport measures your torso and customizes massage movements to your body.
- Full Body Air Massage: You’ll feel relief in your calves, thighs, IT bands, arms, hands, and shoulders after an air massage. Your body and mind will benefit from the healing sensations of this carefully planned air-only massage. Ideal when you’re looking for minimal intensity without tapping or kneading.
- Pinpoint Calf Massage: Brio Sport’s calf massage features side and rear air and mechanical massage units. The sensations accompany your calf massage to soothe your whole body and help your calves feel refreshed and ready to take on whatever your next day brings.
Through the massage heads of the Sport 4D Intelligent Massage Mechanism, “Hot Rocks” style pinpoint heat is delivered. By applying heat directly to the treatment point, the Brio Sport feels more like a human hand, while encouraging blood flow to the muscles being worked at the same time. The tactile remote combines style and function to make it easy to read and use.
Katana 700 Chair
It has been designed to relieve you of stress and strain every day with its full-featured, full-body shiatsu massage chair, the Katana 700. Its full-body massage every day can help you rediscover comfort, support good health, and experience the happiness that comes from getting away from it all.
- Shiatsu Sensei Massage Mechanism: With carefully crafted movements, soothing shiatsu massage is delivered to the neck, shoulders, low back, glutes, and hamstrings.
- Auto Shoulder Detection Function: It automatically detects your unique back profile and adjusts to fit your shoulders.
- Penetrating Infrared Heat: Katana’s soothing back heat enhances the therapeutic effects of her massage by promoting blood flow to the lower back area. By delivering soothing heat to the lower back, you’ll get even more out of the massage.
- L-Track Design: Through the Katana 700’s L-track, the back massage mechanism covers your entire back, from the neck and shoulders to the glutes and hamstrings, while applying the soothing massage movements that make the Katana 700 experience unique and memorable with the Shiatsu Sensei Massage Mechanism. Kneading, tapping, knocking, kneading and tapping, shiatsu, rolling, and air compression massage are applied carefully and skillfully to relieve back, shoulder, arm, hand, and calves tension.
With just 2″ between the backrest and wall, the Katana 700 is no larger than a traditional recliner. As well as kneading, rolling, tapping, and compression massage, the Katana 700 also provides soothing far infrared heat and mechanical massage capabilities to provide a phenomenal massage session.
You will find relief from stress and strain on a daily basis with this shiatsu massage chair. With Katana, you can rediscover comfort, maintain good health, and find happiness when you get away from it all with a daily full-body massage.
American vs Chinese vs Japanese Massage Chairs Comparison
Most massage chairs these days are manufactured in mainland China, though some Japanese chairs are still made. Japanese massage chairs have a failure rate of about 1% and will last you about 15 years. Some people estimate the failure rate of Chinese chairs to be between 2 and 5%, with a life expectancy of about ten years.
Thus, purchasing a Japanese-made chair may be more beneficial, although American-made chairs can also be purchased. American-made Luraco massage chairs have huge popularity, and their i7 PLUS massage chair, the latest winner of the 2019 Top Medical Massage Chair Award from Aesthetic Everything, has won several awards for its design and engineering.
Questions and Answers
Are All Chinese Massage Chairs The Same?
Almost every Chinese chair comes from one of three major manufacturing plants in China. Most companies around the world purchase chairs from these “big 3” manufacturers and then white label them under their own names. As an example, Osaki, Fujita, Omega, etc., are all doing it. So, you can be pretty sure that the chair comes from the same factory in China if you see a model somewhere else that looks exactly like another company’s model. Most of the look-alikes work the same way, with maybe a little feature or design twist to differentiate them from another importer’s white-label product.
Is Osaki Massage Chair Made in China?
Even though the name Osaki is derived from Japanese, the company itself is American and not Japanese. Over 90% of Osaki’s products are manufactured in China. The rest are sourced from Taiwan and Japan. Today, about 95% of all massage chairs sold in the United States are made in China.
Where are Titan Massage Chairs Made?
Titan Massage Chairs are made in China. Many of the world’s most recognizable, trusted and biggest Chinese brands run right here on American soil. China is currently the world’s leading producer of massage chairs.
Is Ogawa Massage Chair Made in Japan?
In spite of the fact that Ogawa is a Japanese manufacturer, its chairs are 100% made in China.
In our natural perception, Japanese chairs are inherently of higher quality than Chinese chairs. According to feedback from clients, Chinese-made chairs tend to have more warranty issues than Japanese-made ones, although I do not know exact statistics from the massage chair manufacturers that we carry. It seems that Chinese-made chairs tend to fail at a higher rate than other chairs.
I don’t hear from every customer, but I do hear from some. It would be great if manufacturers could provide some credible statistics to support or debunk that hypothesis. However, I doubt they will divulge that information for obvious reasons.